Sunday 25 January 2009

Mistake!


Cinderella has been on hold for a couple of days because I made a mistake and couldn't work out whether to rip out a few rows and do it over. I needed to think objectively, which meant giving myself time to stop being so upset about it!


Anyway, after careful consideration I decided not to undo an hour's worth of knitting just because I'd joined the next colour on a purl row instead of a knit row, as even though any knitter can see the mistake instantly I'm making the doll for a four year old girl. Not only will she not care in the slightest, but it's the thought that counts. It takes a lot of energy for me to knit a big project like this, and one extra band of white doesn't matter too much.


Obviously, it annoys me whenever I look at it.

1 comment:

Emmie said...

Hi - I think Cinderella is coming along just great and I wouldn't worry about any little quirks - they make it unique and most knitters probably wouldn't notice it either. I like to think that it just makes it extra special having little bits different that everyone elses doesn't have ;-)