Tuesday 31 March 2009

Bub the Dwip


This is Bub, and Bub is a dwip.
I had an awful crash in health today, at which point I was unbelievably scared of relapse. Consequently, I have confined myself to the sofa this afternoon, and Bub is what emerged from my needles.
For the last couple of days I've looked after my BEAUTIFUL niece Ellie, who I don't get to spend nearly enough time with, and which is why I'm so exhausted, and this morning she was spotting aliens on my paperchase bag. This inspired the birth of the Dwip, who emerged from the needles as I was too tired to knit anything complicated but wanted to create something new.
I miss knitting toys now I'm knitting for the wedding so I thought I'd have a go at a little creature, and this is the first time I've drawn up a picture and then tried to create it. Bub looks nothing like the picture as he seemed to have consciousness and told me he didn't want long dangly legs and actually wanted toes, but I do love him.
There will be more! Stay tuned for his friends.

2 comments:

Emmie said...

Oh I LOVE him!!! So cute - looks like a little kitten. Please post the instructions :-)

soozywoo said...

I will post instructions in the next couple of days and you can start your own colony! :)