Tuesday 2 December 2008

Santa baby



Little Jean Greenhowe Santa! Only took a couple of hours, but I completed him in little pieces over a couple of days to fit around college, teaching and writing an essay.



Really, really easy knit. And in a good way! I didn't get bored because it was little and cute.



I cut the cardboard base a bit too big and couldn't be bothered to change it so he's a bit wobbly, and in future I would probably glue a 2p to the inside so make him a bit heavier at the bottom, but on the whole I'm happy with this first attempt at a Santa.



I'm sure there will be more Santas over the years.









I have been considering knitting the nativity scene but can't convince myself a christian scene is an atheist-friendly christmas decoration! My friend Emma suggested making it into a Jeremy Kyle story and giving Joseph a DNA test which obviously appealed to my frankly crap sense of humour, but it's still a lot of work to put in to knitting a scene I won't explain to my niece and nephews. Do I want them to play with bible toys? But they're so cute! I've got another year to decide anyway, as I'll never finish them by christmas. Probably even next christmas.

No comments: