Tuesday 12 January 2010

Blogging lull

I can't believe I haven't updated for six months! What a lazy mare.

I have been knitting in that time, of course, but I barely even remember to upload my projects to Ravelry anymore. This is because since July I've barely used the laptop to go online, owing to my wonderful iPhone. Unfortunately Ravelry is not very easy to navigate as there's no mobile version.

So, since July what has come off my needles has been (as far as I can remember): a hat, two dinosaurs, three nativity characters, a big cuddly pirate, half a sock, LOTS of blanket squares, and some colourwork intended for a surprise for my husband. Wow, that doesn't seem like much for six months! Surely there's more than that?

Another reason I haven't been online much is that I've been diagnosed with epilepsy and despite being signed off work for a couple of months the medication I started on was pretty shocking, so for the first couple of months I did nothing but sleep. It's pretty hard to knit in your sleep!

More recently, I've been quilting. Along with knitting quilting always seemed to be one of those things I wanted to do but didn't really think I could do. Turns out I can! Nick's been buying me gorgeous fabrics and I've been putting together a patchwork bedspread, which will eventually be quilted.

All of these things are helping me to be the woman I always wanted to be. By the time the doctors let me start trying again I'll be the kind of Mum I want to be too :)

No comments: