Wednesday 29 July 2009

Socks!

I haven't updated this blog in so long! I can't even remember how many projects I've finished since that ugly little clown (I think if I take the awful hat off he might look okay!) but the hearts for the wedding invitations and the top tier of the wedding cake are certainly worth a mention!


I'm also on my first pair of socks now, which I consider a massive leap for a novice knitter! I went to RingARosie in Whitley Bay while I was on honeymoon and as I didn't have a specific project in mind I didn't know how to choose from all of their lovely yarn! They had a display of sock yarn so I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go. Nick chose some self-striping yarn and I bought some bamboo DPNs, and despite every other (short-lived) attempt failing, I got it straight away!


Okay, so I was doing it inside-out, but a quick message on Ravelry had that fixed and now I have half a sock hanging from my (four) needle(s)!
I'm having a hard time recovering from the wedding and honeymoon so I haven't been doing much of anything, but picking the sock up from time to time is surprisingly relaxing. I still don't think I'm going to turn into a sock knitter though :s

I don't know when I'll stop feeling like a novice knitter, but I don't feel quite so nervous when I walk into a proper yarn shop anymore!

No comments: